Get Familiar with Talented Generation

Friday, January 20, 2012

MUST SEE: President Obama Gives Apollo Performance of "Let's Stay Together"

I know I know I know. There is so much going on in the world that I could choose to post about, but its my blog sooooooo I decided to ignore posting those other things and post this. Don't act surprised, ya'll know I luhs me some Prez Obama! ::swoon::


Last night, on the campaign fundraising trail President Obama made the first appearance by a sitting president at the world famous Apollo theatre. During his speech, he showed another side of himself when he jokingly belted out in song. Hope Cain is taking notes.

In the footage, you see him acknowledging Rev. Al Green's attendance and seamlessly belts out a few notes of Green's timeless baby-making hit, Let's Stay Together. I'm sure its not the first time the Rev heard someone flatter him with a little performance.

I know one thing, POTUS can hold a note WAY better than I can on my BEST shower days. In case you're wondering, the song is unlikely to appear on iTunes and compete with Baby Carter's numbers but it is cute nonetheless.

The President continues to remain poised and charismatic despite all of the personal attacks on his character and all of the lofty criticisms heralded at him which seem to forget the mess he's dealing with was inherited from a guy who's name rhymes with Large Douche. Maybe my grams was right in her prediction that the powers that would allow him to stay in office long enough to clean up their MESS before putting another robot in office. I digress.

If you're in the mood to hear some baby making music, listen to the full song here. According to my family, Al Green was *that dude* back in his prime.

P.S. I just got news that legendary (I think that word is WAY overused but it sooo fits her) At Last singer Etta James passed away today. May she RIParadise. My thoughts, prayers and condolences goes out to her family.

No comments:

Sharing IS Caring