Get Familiar with Talented Generation

Monday, November 14, 2011

Daily Inspiration

GREAT morning! Happy Monday! Here is today's quote:

Again, you can't connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something - your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life. -Steve Jobs

One lesson I have learned on my life journey is to trust my instinct.  By instinct, I mean that feeling you get in your gut when you're trying to assess a situation. Its that little voice in your head that tells you to exit an urban establishment after witnessing the argument between two men escalate. Just me? Ok.  I know it sounds basic and maybe some of you are far beyond learning to trust yourself... thats excellent; I am on my way to becoming like you.

We are all born with basic instincts and sometimes we ignore them in favor of whatever we can justify. Its like all the lessons our parents taught us but we pretended not to listen to because thats what teenagers do. If my "gut" is telling me something doesn't feel right chances are my gut is right. Now I have to admit, I'm still learning to speak the same language of my instincts so I read it wrong sometimes. Its a journey I think everyone should go through. Too often we ignore our instincts in favor of following someone else. So, with that said I challenge all of you to turn up the little voice inside of your head and turn down the white noise from everything else. Learn to trust yourself because you know more than you think you do. Learn to trust your instincts because you can accomplish more than you're limiting yourself to. As Steve Jobs said, it will make all the difference in your life.

Now if only my instincts could do something about my poor sense of direction I'd be much better off *giggles* =)

Spread Love!

Today's song choice: Rihanna-You Da One

No comments:

Sharing IS Caring