Get Familiar with Talented Generation

Thursday, September 20, 2012

10 Reasons Why Black Women Are Mean (Part 2)

As soon as I posted this on Tuesday I remembered another story I've been meaning to share. A few weeks ago I went out with a friend of mine. I'm always going out with a friend ain't I? Don't judge me. People like me. For the sake of preserving his identity, we're gonna call this friend Joey. Joey and I decided to spend a night out on the town in honor of his two female friends who were in town. I had never met them and I had no expectations of them. My goal was to have a good time. 

Fast Forward 1/2 way thru the night and one of Joey's friends, Tony, is wasted. The kind of wasted where all you can do is close your eyes and rest your head on the table. He was so far gone he didn't even bother to lift his head when his food arrived. Don't act like you've never been there. I was just there a few weeks ago. It happens. I let Joey entertain his little friends and, since none of the other boys seemed to care, I took it upon myself to tend to Tony. I tapped him every few minutes and told him to drink water and eat some of his food. Nothing spectacular. Joey's friends ate most of Tony's food and told him to get up and walk around so many times that I finally said, "NO. Tony is fine where he is" and prompted him to drink more water. 

A few moments later, as if on queue, girl #1 walked to the bathroom and Joey went to check on another drunk friend. Girl #2 jumped at the opportunity to ask me a question I could tell was burning through her spotted throat. She asked me whether I had a problem with either of them. I knew it was on me to lead the tone of the discussion. I looked at her with the "WTF face" and asked her what she meant by "problem." Aside from the aforementioned statement, I had not interacted with them beyond the introduction. There were 4 other people at our table and although they were new to me, we pre-gamed together so compared to the new chicks we were old friends.  As Joey returned to our table, I made it clear I did not have a problem with them and that I was there as Joey's guest NOT Tony's. I smiled a wry smile as Joey grabbed my hand & asked me whether everything was ok. I told him yes and smiled the kind of smile women smile at men they can't wait to straddle. I gave that answer to fuck with her head. It worked. I knew what was going on as soon as we made eye contact. She thought she was gonna set me straight because they thought I was "picking" on them. Silly girl. For those who don't know, "picking" is a practice of petty females that involves using sneaky tactics to make fun of another woman. In this situation, I would have been "picking" when I stepped in and told them to leave Tony alone. I know it doesn't make much sense. It never will. 
The girls left our company and they made it clear they were not happy. As we walked to our next bar (yes, we were still in the mood to party) I told Joey what happened and he was shocked. "Are you serious? I didn't know those girls were like that."  He struggled to understand. Guys always do. He didn't think his female friends were catty or petty. He didn't think they would complain about his new friend (me) not putting forth a strong enough effort to get to know them. That is, until they were. Why were they that way? There are 10 reasons black women are mean for reasons that appear unknown.


10. She's Insecure. It takes a real woman to compliment another woman. Insecure woman struggle with this. 

9. Her Hidden Desires. She she secretly wants to be LIKE you. She wants your wardrobe, your friends, your relationship, your car, your man and your bank account. Stay woke. 

8. She's pre-empting. She wants to be mean to you before you have the chance to be mean to her. 

7. She's Having a Bad Day. Sometimes people just don't want to be bothered. If you ignore the signs, you deserve what you get. 

6. She's tired. A tired black woman ain't nothin to fuck with. 

5. She Doesn't Like You. Some black women aren't good at frontin. Ain't no future in it anyway. If she doesn't like you, everything about you annoys her. Stay outta her face. 

4. She's a Bitch. I don't like calling women bitches, but let's face it some women are bitches on purpose. No sense in trying to justify their actions. Call a spade a spade. 

3. She's in Pain. Remember, Hurt people HURT people. Don't punch her in the throat...hug her. 

2. She's Jealous. You have awesome tits and irrisistible wits who wouldn't be jealous of you? 

1. It's a Self-fulfilling Prophecy: If you treat her like she's an angry black woman, she just might become one. 
Before you get your thongs in a tizzy, I wrote this because I think it needed to be said. Angry black women need love too. They also need a therapist and friends willing to tell them the naked truth. Sometimes it's ok to be mean because some people can't handle nice. Don't go out of your way to be mean or rude tho. I want little more than to see black women building it each other up. We're quick to tear down and slow to encourage. We're quick to hurt and slow to heal. We're quick to break and slow to fix. It's almost like some of us take some pleasure in seeing another being kicked while she's down. Am I not my sister's keeper? 

So whadya think? Am I being too hard on my sistas? Did I miss any reasons black women, or women in general, are mean? Raine is listening. 


Twitter: @LegallyRatchet1
Email: TalentedGeneration@gmail.com

14 comments:

Miss6 said...

I really have never met an angry black woman. maybe I'm lucky or just have never really thought feelings are only applicable to one race or gender.

Rickeysha said...

I don't think it's about race or gender. I chose to focus on black women because that has been my experience. Plus, if any combo of race and gender had to be pegged as stereotypically "angry" I think most folks would say it's black women. Never heard of the angry white woman/white man syndrome :)

Candice said...

I think another reason is depression (I'm a therapist so I see it regularly). It might tie into your #3.

But let me keep it real girl, you do keep a mean mug. LOLOL! So, people probably think you're angry and stank before they get to know you. And to some degree, that might be a defense because of how you look and the type of anger and resentment that typically brings out of women. I know this because even though we don't share the same features, I can keep a mean mug too. I don't even realize it half the time, but after people get to know me, they share that they thought I would be different. They don't know our thug lives. LMAO!

But naw, I don't think you're being too hard at all. We should be the first to hold each other accountable.

Anonymous said...

As a black women, I have met plenty. I've even asked them what the problem was and many times, some of them don't realize that they are being "angry". Alot of times it is undiagnosed depression. I like to be happy, but being happy sometimes makes people mad, and not just angry black women. I find it most funny when people assume that I'm an "angry black woman". One thing I don't do is encourage angry behavior and I'm protective of who I let in my life. I enjoy my life very much.

~Simone

Anonymous said...

I never understand the cruelty of black women, even as a black man who has dealt with them my entire life. I accepted it as normal for a woman to be bitch, until I started dating more white women. So I am guess I am weak as a black man because I don't like being disrespected?! Black women are insanely jealous of anyone who has a dime over bus fare. They sincerely want everything they lay eyes on, even your man.
I am a progressive hard working self-sufficient single black man. Today, I bought some very expensive sunglasses at a deep discount. I went to the counter to buy them and wanted to compliment the store for selling things at such great prices. Unfortunately it was a black woman clerk. She frowned as if she was jealous of the purchase and then tried to tell me the sunglasses were $272.00 when the deep discount price was 79.99, It was in BOLD print, the regular price was in very small print. However she insisted on telling me it was $272.00. It was not a mistake on her part because it was a discount store and they never sell things at the regular price, NEVER. She just seemed to want to deter me from buying it. WTF! I deal with this all the time, I said to them, "If I wasn't already sold on the sunglasses, I would have walked out." They didn't seemed to care, they rolled their eyes. It's like they took it personal of what I was buying. My buddy was standing in the background looking on in disbelief. 9 out of 10 of the black women I've dated have brought me down and that's no exaggeration at all. I just envisioned myself marrying a black woman and living happily ever after.
Yes, many black women have issues, bi-polar issues. Is something in the weaves or the creme relaxers, I am not trying to be funny.

Anonymous said...

this is a really sad issue but it's true! I teach at an all black cosmetology school and everyday the black females are always bringing each other down and being an older black women I try to instill positivity. The hate within them is so deep in their souls it all stems from childhood and only counseling will help!

Cin said...

Because I am outspoken, and don't suffer fools, I have been referred to as "an angry black woman." Better to be angry than a doormat.

Anonymous said...

I'm a black female, and I almost can't stand most of them!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Why do so many black women hate me on sight? Because:

-- I have thick, straight, glossy, auburn hair with tons of body, and I was born with it. I don't do a thing to my hair except wash and comb it; no treatments, and no styling devices. When I wake up in the morning, my hair needs a few brush strokes before I'm ready to go.

-- I'm tall and willowy, and I'm shaped like an hourglass. I've never had a weight problem.

-- I speak perfect English and sound good doing so. I'm also fluent in French.

-- My husband and I have been married for 25 years. He wanted to marry me. He fell in love and wanted to spend his life with me. He bought a ring and proposed. I'm not his bitch, his booty call, or his baby mama; I'm his wife.

-- Said husband is a successful lawyer-lobbyist who takes care of us financially.

Raine Lali Gabrielle said...

Callie,

Thanks for your comment. I got time today. Considering how easily you listed off the things you THINK "black women hate you on sight" without so much as a confirmation from any of us I would surmise we don't like you because you're YOU. You're the woman so high on her horse she can't see how she affects the outcome of her interactions. See, I already know what type of person you are with your tall, willowy body and your 2 brush strokes in your hair. You are so full of yourself that you think we are concerned with you. We are not. We do not notice you. Girl, we are BUSY. We are too busy celebrating our big fluffy hair that women like you can't seem to stop wanting to touch, but try to shame us for having. It is the hair we style, brush and relax if we want to. We are too busy focusing on the beauty of our own bodies. We are too busy embracing our curves. The tight curves and the loose ones. The stretch marks and the cellulite. Our thick thighs and our plump derrières. We recognize our bodies are not perfect and we don't need someone with "an hourglass shape" to tell us why we should be jealous of hers "on sight." Black women are not a monolith and every black woman you have met might have responded to you similarly because you are so preoccupied with who you are that you cannot see that. We don't see you girl. We are too busy looking at and admiring each other. Congrats on your 25 years of marriage, tho girlfriend.

Anonymous said...

..then you have NOT been around in life much; its immaturity- starts early in life when black mothers don't correct the nasty behavior and it continues into adulthood.

Poverty, dysfunction in families, and general sense of low self esteem.

Black women think meanspirited behavior is a right of passage as women...

Anonymous said...

This has to be the most naive piece I have read in recent memory.
Black women are in general arrogant hateful spoiled nasty acting and entitled.The average black is the most racist hateful spiteful bastard you will ever meet.
I have one black friend and he is nothing like the other blacks I have encountered.
Before you shoot your mouth off about not being more than one or two blacks in my life,I have worked with and interacted with Black's over the past 18-20 year's.
I have learned the hard way to stick with and help my own kind.
If blacks want to be racist,cool no problem.I am all for segregation of the races.Seems like everyone and everything was better pre-1970.
Martin Luther King (real name Michael King) was a communist agitator who's speeches were 75% plagiarism.

Anonymous said...

No its not the hair related products.
Our govt paying black women to not have a husband and father in the house for the past 40 years plus drugs and feminist brainwashing has destroyed them.
Drugs are affecting every race in different ways.

Anonymous said...

Black women are allowed to be angry because white people are scared of losing their job if they stand up to or debate black women at work.
Being a white man I can tell from experience we know if something doesn't go a black woman's way,they will metaphorically scream "Racism!" H.R. wanting avoid lawsuit etc..will reprimand and-or suspend-fire the white person who wasn't a dormat for angry black woman.
Black men,for the most part,even the racist ones with a massive chip on their shoulder,will deal with situations like an adult.(there are always exception's with every race..whites Latinos blacks Arabs etc I am aware of this)

Sharing IS Caring