Get Familiar with Talented Generation

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Daily Inspiration

GREAT morning everyone! I'm baaaaaaackkkkkkk!!! WHOA! Its been 21 days since I last wrote a REAL post on TG. I'm thankful to those who continued to check in. I appreciate your loyalty. Consider it a mental hiatus =). Here is today's quote:

If you haven’t all the things you want,
be grateful for the things you don’t have 

that you wouldn’t want. -Unknown


Growing up, whenever I complained my parents always made a point to remind me that things could get worse. Oh to only have to worry about a broken chain on my bicycle again. After a long day of doing nothing, I grabbed my remote (because who gets up to turn on their tv anymore?) and tuned in to a marathon of True Life on MTV. For those of you unfamiliar with the program, it is a documentary project during which MTV follows normal people around who are dealing with a given situation. For example, one episode I watched was called "True Life: I have Acne" and another was called "True Life: I'm an albino." Now I realize one of the reasons my parents always resorted to "stop complaining, there are people who have it way worse than you." I know one of the reasons was to get me to stop whining but I also know they wanted to be aware of the perils of others. While I was complaining about a broken chain on my bike, there was a child who was never blessed with a bike. While I was complaining about being out in the sun for too long, there was an albino child who could not play outside for more than 20 minutes without getting a severe sunburn.

My point is, take a look at your blessings before you start to complain about your struggles. I know its easier said than done but trust me, once you start to focus on your blessings you will change your life. I know you have a job you love yet but there are other positive things you can focus on to keep your momentum going. I know you're disappointed you didn't get your promotion but you have to continue working hard. I know you're heartbroken that your relationship didn't work out but be thankful to have had the opportunity. Take every experience and LEARN from it. Understand you were placed in that situation for a purpose. Take time to figure out what that purpose is and move on.

Remember, there is ALWAYS something to be thankful for!

This post is dedicated to the "Metro Bandits" (insider) *giggles*

Today's Song Choice: Erykah Badu-Didn't Cha Know

Spread Love!!

No comments:

Sharing IS Caring