Get Familiar with Talented Generation

Friday, December 16, 2011

Daily Inspiration

GREAT morning beautiful people!! Here is today's quote: 
"Some men give up their designs when they have almost reached the goal; While others, on the contrary, obtain a victory by exerting, at the last moment, more vigorous efforts than ever before." -Herodotus 
Before you allow anything to get to you, ask yourself "Whats the worst that could happen?" I know some of you don't want to think about it, and I'm not asking you to share but I want you to contemplate it, if even for a moment. Go ahead, think about it. What is the WORST that could happen to you? 


Everyone has a different answer to the question. Initially, you may think of something immediate like losing your job or becoming homeless. If I know you like I think I do, you allowed yourself to go deeper than that. Some of you may say the worst that could happen is that you never secure gainful employment. Others may cite things like cancer, HIV, unwanted pregnancy, death of a parent, development of a debilitating disease, etc. My answer? I'm glad you asked! The worst that can happen to me is that I would die and go to hell. What does my answer mean to me? It means if the worst thing that can happen to me involves dying and going to hell everything else is not the worst thing that could happen. Internalizing that allows me to maintain a healthy stress level as I pursue my goals. 


I started asking myself the question because as my time to begin bar prep looms on a very near horizon, I have started to feel an immense pressure. I had to remind myself that failing the bar is not the worst that could happen to me. Mattafack, I'm not going to give life to the possibility of failing BUT, failing is probably the source of the pressure I feel. Since failing is not the worst that could happen to me, I'm already confident. 


Regardless of your answer, take a survey of your surroundings. Has the worst thing happened to you yet? If the worst thing you can imagine has not happened to you, everything else is obsolete. Continue to PUSH forward knowing that you are blessed to have the opportunity to do so. 


When things seem so tough you want to give up, ask yourself whether its the absolute worst thing that can happen. If its not your worst thing, let it go. Let it roll off your shoulder like water on a duck's back and keep it moving. 


Today's Song Choice: Mary J. Blige-Living Proof


Spread Love!

No comments:

Sharing IS Caring