Get Familiar with Talented Generation

Monday, December 05, 2011

FUNNY TO ME: TLC's "Virgin Diaries"

Last evening, TLC premiered its new show The Virgin Diaries chronicling the life of adult virgins. I am ecstatic to report that I watched it. One couple tickled my fancy because the two had never been intimate and were marrying as virgins. Isn't that the cutest thing?! Needless to say, I was amazed by their story. I know I shouldn't be shocking and its probably a reflection on my own sexual experiences for me to even admit it but whatevs. Don't get judgmental on me now.

Ok ok ok before you all judge me (I know some of ya'll already have) for finding this show funny, I believe "waiting" is a beautiful decision people should make. I am happy to say I know a few virgins and I know how difficult it is to wait while living in a society where people get rich and famous for releasing sex tapes.

I think the media needs to switch gears in terms of selling sex to a younger audiences. I yearn for young girls to learn to have confidence in themselves outside of the juices marinating in their vag and to stop seeking validation from men. I want young girls to know they can wait and still be "popular" while maintaining their dignity and self respect. Further, I also believe people make better decisions when they aren't wearing the "sex blinders" that come along when people have experienced good sex from a partner who is no good for them.

If you missed the show, you did yourself a disservice. Check out the clip below.



I enjoyed watching the show. It gave me hope that there are people who still believe in old traditions. Thats not to say, I didn't find it HIGH-larious. Their first kiss? It looked like they were about to EAT each other's face.

Like I said, its funny to me.

No comments:

Sharing IS Caring