Get Familiar with Talented Generation

Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Funny To Me: Herman Cain Quotes Pokémon

In his farewell address during which he announced he would be suspending his bid for the Presidency Herman Cain used a quote from the closing credits of the Pokémon movie. What quote did he use? I'm glad you asked! Cain FAILED at trying to turn the quote "Life can be a challenge, Life can seem impossible. Its never easy when theres so much on the line" into a prophetic closing line. After a quick search, I realized it wasn't the first time he quoted the popular cartoon series.

I wish I was making this up but it REALLY happened!

Sir, STOP IT NOW! Fire your speech writers. Oh wait, I doubt he ever bothered to hire any writers or any other people with experience.

My favorite newscaster Jon Stewart went IN on Big Daddy Cain. Watch below...

The fact that he thought quoting the Pokémon intro was appropriate is stone cold proof that he had no business running for President. In light of the army of women who came forward alleging Cain sexually harassed them, it seems like his goals aligned with Pokémon because he tried to "catch em all" Further, the fact that he chose that particular quote instead of the other lessons Pokémon aimed to teach about life is the nail the seals the coffin.

I must admit I'll miss his foolery on the campaign trail as he was funny without even trying to be. Don't confuse my criticism of Cain with my praise of the other GOPers. I think its all a big comedy show. As far as I'm concerned, I can't take any of the candidates seriously. Even though I knew from the beginning he would never secure the nod, Cain was a source of comedic relief.

For those you unfamiliar with Pokémon, take a quick listen to their theme song.


You're welcome.

No comments:

Sharing IS Caring