Get Familiar with Talented Generation

Monday, September 06, 2010

Out the door...inspirational quote to start your day

GREAT morning everyone! First of all let me thank all of you for your patience the past few days. I appreciate all of your support. I hope your weekend was restful, productive and anything else you wanted it to become. I'm finally getting the hang of my new Mac but I ask you all to please continue to bear with me. Without further adieu, below is today's quote:


If the individual is to be happy in the contemporary order, he must be open-minded with respect to new values and new arrangements. -Thomas Cochrane 


Story time (I see you smiling): I recently began working with a retiree. She is the sweetest woman you will ever want to meet, but her first few days on the job really took a mental toll on me. Because she is an older individual she moves a bit slower and catches on to new processes a bit slower. I must confess that I grew frustrated a few times because I had become accustomed to working with people like me: young, fast moving, fast learning, etc. While I always treated her with respect, it took about 2 days of working with her before I stopped allowing myself to be frustrated and I grew disappointed in myself. I was highly disappointed in myself for allowing outside forces to influence my mood and productivity. I was disappointed in myself for allowing my expectations of others to have a have a negative impact on my ability to build a relationship with someone. I had to stop allowing her inhibitions to influence my opinion of her and I had to start working with her based on who she is NOT based on what kind of worker I thought she should be. Once I understood her, we began to work as a team to make the job work for her. In the spirit of balancing karma I asked for forgiveness from the big Guy and prayed for the opportunity to live to see her age. I know the story was a bit long winded but my hope is that it serves as a reminder to all of us to always be mindful of our thoughts and actions.

As we grow older it is easy to assume a level of comfort. Its easy to become accustomed to our surroundings. Its easy to reject working with difficult people. I encourage you all to reflect when you're in a situation where you are frustrated or upset with someone other than yourself. Instead of being upset with the person, take a moment to reflect on what they are doing that is so upsetting to you. I want you all to be completely honest with yourselves. Instead of wondering what it is that makes them get under your skin contemplate what is it about you that allows someone else to get under your skin. Lets all take the initiative to grow as individuals and prosper!

Happy Labor Day!

Love!


Sidenote: If anyone has any special tips and tricks I should try on my new Mac, remember sharing is caring. I love my new Mac! Send all tips to HUSLToday1@gmail.com. Please & thanks :).

No comments:

Sharing IS Caring