Get Familiar with Talented Generation

Friday, September 10, 2010

Out the door...inspirational quote to start your day

GREAT morning all!! Happy Happy Friday!


"Try to put well in practice what you already know. In so doing, you will, in good time, discover the hidden things you now inquire about.” -Remy de Gourmont 


(Isnt that the cutest animal picture??)
Today's quote is brought to you by the letter "P." P is for: 
Perfect. 
Professor.
Practice. 
Practical.  
Pontification. 
Ponce de Leon. 


Ok you get the point. I'm sure you have all heard the oh so cliche phrase "practice makes perfect." The ironic thing about cliche's is that they got their "cliche" status by being true! How many times have your abilities improved with practice? How many times have you became a better person just by nurturing your skills? 


There's another cliche: "Knowledge is nothing if you never put it into practice." 


I challenge you to remember the last time you jumped head first into a project only to discover you knew the right answer all along? How many times has a professor called on you and you thought you were stumped but when he/she told you the answer you realize you knew the answer? Both of these things has happened to me more often than I care to admit. I had the knowledge but when it counted most, I didn't trust myself enough to use it.  That was then, I now stay encouraged by taking advantage of every opportunity to build upon things I already know. I trust myself now and I'm not afraid of making mistakes. How can you do this? Start with the knowledge and experiences you have already had and build it up like you're picking players for a football team. If your quarterback is strong but you need better protection to prevent sacks, continue to nurture your quarterback but shift some of your focus to finding a combination of great lineman and great running backs.  


When working with others do not assume they have had the same experience just because the two of you have things in common (gender, race, age, etc.). Instead of assuming what your group-mates already know, ask probing questions to discover and play upon everyone's strengths. Understand your experiences are valuable and share your perspective with the confidence that you can make an impact. Make steady progress by continuing to make effective use of everything you have experienced thus far without disregarding new opportunities to grow. Making progress is not optional, its necessary! 


In celebration of the end of the week, stop what you're doing and do a little happy dance with me. Today's tune: Just Got Paid.

How about those Saints last night?? Who DAT said the Vikings were gonna beat the Saints?

Love!







Sidenote: I found the source of my connectivity issue and its my Mac! *sad face* It turns out that Macs are known to have issues with the internet connection in my building. I'll continue to hold out hope that when the servicemen come next week they will have some tips for me on how to improve the reliability of my connection.

No comments:

Sharing IS Caring