Get Familiar with Talented Generation

Friday, June 29, 2012

Tidbits: The Today Show Viewers Did NOT See it For Ann Curry & MORE!

Early Thursday morning, Today Show veteran Ann Curry made an emotional announcement that she would no longer serve as co-anchor of the popular morning show. Curry took over as co-anchor a year ago when Meredith stepped down. You ain't heard this from me, but rumor has it the announcement was not Curry's own decision. Word on the curb is that viewers complained about Curry's performance which was partly to blame for Today losing its spot as top morning show to GMA for the first time since 1995.
Watch the footage below.
 
Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy
The saddest line, "For all of you who saw me as a groundbreaker, I'm sorry I couldn't get the ball over the finish line, but man, I did try." The statement smelled like disappointment. Watching Curry's goodbye message, I shed a single tear from my left eye because I could see the hurt. I'm woke tho so I caught the body language of her co-anchors.


I've watched her on Today for years and I remember fond moments like when she chopped her long locks to show support for Locks of Love. She struggled through more than a few interviews and it was hard to watch. Maybe her new position as a national and international correspondent will prove a better fit. Godspeed Ann Curry.


Other Randoms: 
*Adele is Pregnant! Story. Wonder who she is gonna invite to her baby shower, tho? 


**Beyhive get READY! After 3 years of noticeable absences Beyonce will make an appearance at the BET Awards. I got $5 on BET giving her all of the awards she's nominated for just off GP. Story. 

No comments:

Sharing IS Caring