Get Familiar with Talented Generation

Thursday, September 06, 2012

Ratchet Song of the Day: 69 Boyz' "Tootsee Roll"

Today's song is brought to you by all those people who watch the VMAs instead of hearing President Obama speak at the DNC. Yes, that sentence you just read was filled with shade & judgment. Listen with me. 

The 69 Boyz, a group from Miami, blessed us with this beautiful tune back in 1994. They burst on the scene and killed my favorite hood dance: the butterfly. It was so simple even a young black girl with no rhythm could excel. Then came along this tootsee roll dance with several different sets of instructions and it fuct my whole world up. I still do the butterfly & people around me have no choice but to be ok with it. 

Twitter: @LegallyRatchet1
Email: TalentedGeneration@gmail.com

No comments:

Sharing IS Caring