Get Familiar with Talented Generation

Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Ratchet Song of the Day: Lil Mouse's "Get Smoked"

I realize some of you are looking at the title and wondering something along the lines of "who the phuck is Lil Mouse" or "What kinda name is Lil Mouse? I hear you. Trust me, I hear you. 2 days ago when the link to this song was shared with me I wondered the same thing. We must be kindred spirits. So, let's get to the bottom line. Lil Mouse is proly gonna be real famous real soon since he landed a spot on Lil Wayne's highly anticipated (3/4-horrible) mixtape Dedication 4. Did I mention Lil Mouse is 13? He raps about guns, drugs and women. I'm not judging. Listen with me. 

Hip-hop has hit a low point. I said I wouldn't turn this into a preaching moment, but where are his parents? I'm not sure whether I should be praising him for making music instead of being in juvenile detention or hugging him because of the things he must have already been exposed to. This poor kid is already lost to the hood mindset. I don't know what I was doing at 13, but it sure as hell wasn't going around telling people they better watch out before they "F*ck around and get smoked." This is just too much for one day. If y'all like it, buy his album and help encourage other artists like him. A source close to Louisiana culture tells me that the "money dance" Lil Mouse does is actually called the "Josephine Johnny." Do with that information what you will. S/o to my Chi-town folks! 

Twitter: @LegallyRatchet1
Email: TalentedGeneration@gmail.com

No comments:

Sharing IS Caring