Get Familiar with Talented Generation

Monday, April 12, 2010

Out the door...inspirational quote to start your day

Good morning peeps! Happy Monday! Its another opportunity to change your life. Since the longest journey begins with a single step, we must take our changes one day at a time. I propose you start with today's "out the door" quote: 



“God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.” 
-Reinhold Niebuhr

I know I know I know. Its the serenity prayer. This prayer has gotten me through so many tough times and it would be a travesty (at least in my world) if I didn't share it with my you.It is inevitable that at one point you will have to come to grips with the fact that we cannot control everything. As a matter of fact, if you tried to control every aspect and every outcome you would run yourself into the ground.  Thus, you will find peace with knowing the difference between things you can change and things you cannot. You can change your diet, you cannot make people genuinely like you. You can choose your friends but you cant choose your family. 

No comments:

Sharing IS Caring