Get Familiar with Talented Generation

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Daily Inspiration from HUSL Today

GREAT morning everyone!
"We can either watch life from the sidelines, or actively participate. Either we let self-doubt and feelings of inadequacy prevent us from realizing our potential, or embrace the fact that when we turn our attention away from ourselves, our potential is limitless." - Christopher Reeve

Like many of you, I am my own biggest critic. Last evening I was thinking of the ways this impacts my life and I came to one conclusion: it both helps and hinders me. It helps me because I have my own expectations of excellence and my standards are higher than the standards anyone else could ever set for me. This means I often exceed the expectations of others and it allows me to push myself towards excellence in everything I do. It hinders me because I get so critical of my own abilities that I end up doubting myself and holding myself back. I have now become more mindful of my actions and I can consciously change my behaviors.  I said all that to say this: Do not become your own worst enemy! The moment you begin to doubt yourself, change your thought process! Do not allow your self-doubt to hinder you. Its time to become proactive about who you want to be. Take an assessment of everything you consider a weakness and WORK to make it a strength.
Dont think you're a good writer? Write more!
Don't think you're a good public speaker? Speak in public more.
Dont think you're great at math? Do math more and help a kid with their math homework!

Become an active participant in your life and live it up. Anytime you start to feel like there is something you cant do, get up and make it happen! YOU are the one who has to take control of your life. Imagine yourself as the head coach of your own team and YOU must lead your team to the championship!

Love!!

No comments:

Sharing IS Caring