Get Familiar with Talented Generation

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Daily Inspiration from HUSL Today

GREAT Morning beautiful ladies and handsome gentlemen! Happy Tuesday!


Always continue the climb. It is possible for you to do whatever you choose, if you first get to know who you are and are willing to work with a power that is greater than ourselves to do it. -Ella Wheeler Wilcox 


I like to look at situations as though I am climbing an incredibly intricate set of steps.  The stairs are modeled after a spiral design with a small platform at different increments.  I use the "platform" as an opportunity to revel in my accomplishments and celebrate them. The platforms are short because I do not want to spend too much time enjoying the achievement that I lose focus. In the beginning, the steps and the platforms (rest stops) are closer together. With each new accomplishment I imagine myself reaching the top of one set of steps. With each new venture I imagine myself starting on another staircase. As I progress towards the middle, the steps and the platforms become farther apart as my goals become more challenging and take longer to achieve. Looking at life this way allows me to always stay on my toes and continue to push myself. Even when I have accomplished something major, I celebrate for a while and then begin to climb another staircase. The higher I climb, the more motivated I become to reach the top. The great part about a staircase is that you can look back to see how far you have come. Another random fact about me: One of my biggest fears is becoming complacent. While this analogy may not work for everyone, I challenge all of you to continue pushing yourself. I cannot stress this enough. I want all of you to become the best person you can possibly become. Even when you have accomplished something others think is a major feat, continue to push yourself. You may have reached the pinnacle of your career but what is your personal life like? You may have everything you ever desired in terms of a family but have you reached your full potential professionally? Even if you believe your personal and professional lives are in order there is always room for improvement. My father once told me the secret to staying young is to always strive to learn something new. Moreover, the secret to learning something new is to continuously push yourself.

No one is perfect and that means there is always room for improvement.

SN: If no one has already done so, I want to congratulate you on making it past Monday! I dont know about you all, but my Monday was exceedingly and unnecessarily loooooonnnng!

Today's song choice: Kanye West-Flashing Lights

Love!!

No comments:

Sharing IS Caring