Get Familiar with Talented Generation

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

RIP Nate Dogg

Many of you know about my love of music by now. If you didn't know, now you know. This morning I awakened to the terrible news that one of hip hop's most distinct voices, unique G-Funk singer Nate Dogg is dead. Born, Nathaniel Dwayne Hale, Nate Dogg made his debut on The Chronic. Singing in what later become his trademark style, he was well-received by fans and critics alike, and would go on to sign with Death Row Records in 1993. Nate Dogg was also featured on Mista Grimm's "Indosmoke" with Warren G. Then in 1994 he produced his first hit single "Regulate" with Warren G. Nate Dogg was also featured in many Tupac releases, including his collaboration record Thug Life: Volume I. Then in 1998, after a tumultuous time at Death Row Records he released another album. The double album was titled G-Funk Classics Vol. 1 & 2 and was followed up in late 2001 with Music & Me on Elektra Records. Music & Me peaked at number three on the Billboard hip-hop charts in 2001.

While his type of music may not be everyone's favorite, I think his legacy is worth recognition. I used to sneak and listen to their songs as a kid. Hip Hop wont be the same.


In his memory, below are a few of my favorite songs. WARNING: Many of these songs are NSFW!









RIParadise Nathaniel Dwayne Hale (August 19, 1969 – March 15, 2011). I send my deepest condolences to all affected by his passing.

No comments:

Sharing IS Caring