Get Familiar with Talented Generation

Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Sharing is Caring: Extreme Couponing

TLC has a new show called "Extreme Couponing" which follows "extreme couponers" on their questions free stuff by using coupons. I must admit, I thought these kind of people were an urban myth. When I was younger, my aunt was a beginning couponer but her methods could not compare to what I saw last night watching this show. While I commend one of the men who took the initiative to donate his deals to a local food shelter, I am perplexed by the thought processes of these people. Take a look and see for yourself.






I will give you a second to wrap your head around it all. I admit it is tempting to start couponing now. Maybe I will find the time to start. I hesitate though because I worry about whether I would get addicted to the "high" of getting such good deals. Like the people featured I would run out of space and then start to infringe on the personal space of my family. I think when it gets to that point, it is time to take a step back and admit your selfishness. I understand that many of them started couponing out of necessity, but from where I'm sitting it appears to have become an addiction. I guess I am thinking more about how it affects other people. I saw them subjecting the tellers to scanning 1500 items in 3 different transactions and holding up and inconveniencing other customers. I just cannot relate. I can see why people would resort to using coupons to save money, but since when do two people with two dogs NEED 9 carts worth of stuff just for the sake of stock piling? What is this the arms race all over again? I think this is yet another example of the greed, overcompensation and entitlement Americans feel.

Your thoughts?

Dont be shy!

No comments:

Sharing IS Caring