Get Familiar with Talented Generation

Friday, July 15, 2011

Jon Stewart Mocks President Obama's 'Storm Out' of Debt Ceiling Meeting

Source. 
As tense budget talks continue down to the wire, things are getting heated — specifically at a Wednesday press conference. On Thursday night Jon Stewart was ready to call out Obama’s negotiation tactics as well as the media for saying he lost his cool.
Several outlets reported that Obama had “stormed out” of the room at the end of Wednesday’s meeting after telling Eric Cantor not to “call his bluff.” It sounds dramatic, but the fact that Obama had time to say “See you guys tomorrow” makes Stewart think he wasn’t being as tough as it sounds:
“That’s not storming out. That’s ending a meeting by scheduling the next meeting. And I’ve gotta say, if that’s Obama mad, that’s weak. He's so in control."


YESSSS!!! I love that our President still manages to remain calm even when the people he is dealing with are acting like immature children. 


I have to admit I luhhs me some Jon Stewart and The Daily Show. There was a study done a few years ago that concluded most people age 18-30 preferred to get their news from Jon Stewart's The Daily Show. Then again, I could have just made that up. I have watched the Colbert Report a few times but it doesn't hold a candle to Jon Stewart. I am not ashamed to admit I don't watch the news everyday. Does that make me a typical negreauxx? Probably. I prefer to read several "news" sites instead. I don't like watching the news because I think its too mundane and some of the stories are skewed. If I watch the news, I never watch the entire program. I don't feel like I need someone to read me something from a teleprompter when I can get the news on my own.  I prefer to read the stories and form my own opinions. *shrug* 


You can check out the rest of the story here. 

No comments:

Sharing IS Caring