Get Familiar with Talented Generation

Friday, July 08, 2011

Morning Inspiration

Good Morning beautiful readers!!

“Some of us think holding on makes us strong, but sometimes it is letting go.” — Herman Hesse

After Bey's video for Best thing I Never Had dropped yesterday I found myself inspired by my journey to forgiveness. Her words resonated with me and  I was reminded of the ways I was hurt, disappointed and broken hearted. I was taken back to a time when I harbored so much resentment. I had an icebox where my heart used to be. Word to Omarion.

It took me a significant amount of time to forgive the people who hurt me. I was actually disappointed in myself because it took so long. I had to realize that I needed to allow the healing process to run its course. There is no one in this world who can hurt you more than the people you care about. You become vulnerable for them and allow them to see you at your weakest moments. I realize that who I was in my past is not the person I am today.

I had to learn to accept it when people show me who they really are. Women tend to think that even when we meet men that are one way by the force of our special powers and abilities we can motivate him to change. NEWSFLASH: You can't change him! You may be awesome but you're not *that* awesome. If a man is determined not to change to make your relationship better no amount of extra work will change his mind. There were signs that I chose to ignore. There were "gut feelings" I chose to ignore. I chose not to trust my intuition and went against my better judgment. Its a hard lesson to learn but we all must learn it. People don't change people. God changes people.

If you're holding in any kind of resentment or grudges towards anyone I strongly suggest that you let them go! Free Yourself!

Today's Song Choice: Fantasia-Free Yourself

Spread Love!!

No comments:

Sharing IS Caring