Get Familiar with Talented Generation

Friday, July 15, 2011

Morning Inspiration

Good morning EVERYBODY! I said that in a country voice in my head so it sounded more like "GUD mawnin errybody."  *giggles* I hope you all have enjoyed this week's posts, because this one marks the end of the week. I don't know about you all but I'm hella glad today is Friday. You can thank God, or whomever else you choose to thank and do a happy dance. 



"I'm not the greatest; I'm the double greatest. Not only do I knock 'em out, I pick the round.”-Muhammad Ali 



Today's inspirational message is about self love. I know its not your typical motivational inspiration and this topic may be a bit too heavy for some of you so early in the morning. If you happen to make such a determination, I urge you to speed read the post (might as well, you're already here) and then return later today and read it once again. 


My friends know this about me and you all can probably gauge this about me too: I am absolutely crazy about myself. I love everything about myself. Sometimes it borders on self-centeredness but I assure you I am working on this. I love my stretch marks, my skin tone, the way my knees don't touch when I put my feet together and even the way my forehead sticks out a little bit farther than the rest of my face. What most people don't know is that I didn't always feel this way about myself and that is why it is such a big deal to me. I'm not ashamed to admit I didn't always think I was pretty. I didn't always believe people when they told me I am beautiful. I didn't always smile because I didn't think my smile was beautiful. I didn't always like my legs or the shape of my forehead. I'm not ashamed to admit these things because I don't feel that way anymore. I realized a while back that I had to learn to love myself before I could understand what it meant to have another love me.  I invested time in loving other people that I hadn't invested in learning to love myself. Yes, loving myself started as a learned behavior. Why should you give a sh*t about how I feel about myself? Why did you just waste 2 minutes of your life reading about my journey to self love? Its because I want everyone to feel this way about themselves!! Its an amazing feeling! I want everyone to fall in love with themselves.


Everyone does not understand what it feels like to LOVE yourself and everyone will not appreciate it. You may be understood and you may offend less confident people who can't relate to you. Its not their place to understand you. How about this? Understand yourself! Get to know yourself! You might discover amazing things about yourself or you may re-discover things you had forgotten.


Love who you are because there is no one in this world who is more you than YOU! 


Go out this weekend and celebrate your awesome-ness!! 


Today's song choice: Jill Scott-Hate on Me

No comments:

Sharing IS Caring