Get Familiar with Talented Generation

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Morning Inspiration

GREAT Morning beautiful people! Today I want to share with you one of the poems that inspires me to keep going when I get a little down. 


This is a Poem 'Invictus' (Unconquered, Undefeated) by William Henley. Great South African Leader Nelson Mandela (Madiba)  was inspired by the poem, and had it written on a scrap of paper on his prison cell while he was incarcerated for 27 years on Robben Island.





I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.
Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.
In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.
Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,                                


I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.



To know that Nelson Mandela was inspired by this poem while he was  incarcerated for 27 years is awe-inspiring.  I hope it has inspired some of you to accept that you are the master of your fate.


Today's Song choice: Cee-Lo Fool for You<---LOVE this tune!


Spread love! 


P.S. I know he doesn't read this but today is my youngest nephew's 4th birthday. Happy Birthday kiddo! 

No comments:

Sharing IS Caring