Get Familiar with Talented Generation

Sunday, August 01, 2010

Do you know what today is???

its a celebration Pictures, Images and Photos
Its HUSL Today's Anniversary!!!

I know I haven't been posting regularly for the entire year, but what the hay its still a celebration!  In honor of our special day, I decided to take some time to reflect on the past year.

What I've learned: Blogging has truly been a journey of self discovery. I've learned so much about myself in this past year, and YES a year really does make a big difference. A year ago I was sitting behind my desk at my public interest internship struggling to write my first post. Now that I have allowed HUSL Today to have its own personality as a source of many types of information, it has taken on a life of its own. If I read an interesting story or if a controversial topic emerges, I now feel an obligation to acknowledge it and write a post about it.

What I wish I knew: How much hard work blogging regularly can be! Unless you have ever tried your hand at blogging there is really no way to explain this. All I can say is, there are a lot of late nights and early mornings. Thinking of topics, researching info and putting my own spin on them is extremely time consuming.

What I look forward to: An increase in user interaction between myself and my readers. I know you all stop by regularly because our page impressions are on a steady increase. The second biggest part of a blog is user interaction. If no one comments or leaves constructive criticism I have no way of knowing whether you liked a particular post or not. I'd like to get to know all of you, but I can't do that unless you introduce yourselves. Dont be shy :).


What I plan to change: As I said before, blogging has become a personal journey for me. On that journey I have learned I reach my goals more often when I articulate them. This time I'm going to articulate them in groups of 3: 
1. Learn to take a TRUE break when I know I need one. I often find myself blogging on my day off or working on another business venture. I'm always so motivated that I feel guilty when I let loose and become lazy. What I dont think I do often enough is give myself mental breaks. I vow to start doing this more.
2. Adjust the way I approach situations. I often approach issues by asking "whats wrong?" instead of starting with "whats right?" Thats just my way of saying I will be more optimistic than pessimistic. I will change my attitude and remain thankful for every opportunity presented to me, good or bad.
3. Allow HUSL Today to develop its own personality. I will fill this in as I think more about where I want to take HUSL Today and the path I want to take to get there.

Because I love tying music to my posts, check out this musical interlude. 

Climb aboard HUSL Today's train as we prepare for another year filled with motivation, inspiration, relevant news and useful tips. I promise to work hard to take HUSL Today to another level and continue to distinguish it as a reliable source of up to date information regarding any topic concerning Young Professionals and the world at large.

I appreciate all of you and I am grateful you decided to stop by. Feel free to share how your life has changed within the last year.

Peace and Love!

-Raine L. Gabrielle

No comments:

Sharing IS Caring