Get Familiar with Talented Generation

Thursday, September 22, 2011

RIP Troy Davis


I don't have much time to post today but I could not continue blogging without first acknowledging the egregiousness of the Troy Davis case, conviction, rejection of appeals and his subsequent execution last night.

As of 11:08 pm last night Troy Davis was executed by the state of Georgia. This was done in the face of doubt and with a lack of evidence. I'm not saying he is innocent but I do believe he deserved more consideration than he received.

My prayers are with the Davis family as well as the family of the slain cop. Anyone who says they feel justice can only be served through the death of another needs to be covered in the blood. Because of my internet connectivity issues, my post may be a day late and dollar short, but its coming.

My prayer is that something good will come from this. I hope all of the people who were so moved to text, tweet and post to Facebook about it are also moved to action. I hope my generation and all people begin to take our responsibilities for serving on juries and volunteering for places like The Innocence Project and those similar to it. I pray Troy Davis is the last man who could have been innocent to be executed. I hope this moves people to question the death penalty and call their representatives to motivate them to fight against it.

I hope Mr. Davis finds the peace in death that he did not have in life.

Sidenote: I'm *this* close to relying on Twitter for breaking news as it is becoming more of a source for breaking news than any major news network.

No comments:

Sharing IS Caring