Get Familiar with Talented Generation

Monday, September 05, 2011

Morning Inspiration

GREAT morning folks! Happy Labor Day to all of my hard working folks out there! I hope you all have the opportunity to enjoy your holiday weekend. If you're going to any cookouts/bbqs be sure to take a look at my cookout rules before you leave. Here is today's quote:


Love is that condition in the human spirit so profound that it allows me to survive, and better than that, to thrive with passion, compassion, and style. -Maya Angelou
Today is a celebration of love, more specifically BLACK LOVE! I had the honor of serving as a bridesmaid in a wedding this past weekend and it was a BEAUTIFUL celebration of black love. In fact, I was running errands for the wedding since last Thursday and that kept me from having the time to sit down and write Friday's posts. Don't mistake my words for complaints, I am so glad to have had the experience and there aren't many things in the world I would trade the memories for. My hope is for all of you, and for myself, to find the person who complements us so well that we cannot imagine spending another minute of our lives without them.

As far as examples of strong black love goes we all know about Barack and Michelle, Will and Jada and most of us know about Beyonce and Jay-Z. Aside from a few covers of Essence and 1 or 2 stories during Black History Month, I don't think black love is celebrated enough. I believe there should be positive examples of black love displayed on a daily basis.  I'm still on a high from the wedding (and the fabulous night that followed) so I decided to transfer some of my energy to you all. Black love is a special bond between two black people who have fallen so deeply in love with each other that their love serves as an example for others. Black love is misunderstood by those who do not have the pleasure of experiencing it or seeing it up close.  It is one of those things that intrigues outsiders and leaves insiders filled with joy. Like love itself, black love is difficult to reduce to words but you will know it when you see it. It is in the way they gaze at each other when they think no one is watching. It is in the way that he catches her when she is about to fall. It is in the way that she grabs a bread crumb from his beard at dinner. When a black couple is in love, it is BLACK LOVE is one of the most beautiful things I have ever experienced or observed in my lifetime.

Celebrate BLACK LOVE with me by spreading love all day today & going forward =)

Today's Song Choice: Beyonce 1+1

P.S. Congrats Mrs. T-FluTribue and Buzz!! Love you both to millions of tiny pieces! Wishing you both many years of love and happiness together.

No comments:

Sharing IS Caring