Get Familiar with Talented Generation

Friday, September 09, 2011

Morning Inspiration


Woot Woot! Its Friday! GREAT morning beautiful people. I don't think you all heard me so I will say it a tad bit louder. I say GREAT MORNING beautiful people! Aren't you happy to be alive? Aren't you happy to have another day to accomplish something great? Aren't you happy to have another opportunity to do something nice for someone other than yourself? Aren't you happy to...gottomighty you get the point. Here is today's quote: 


"The greatest trouble with most of us is that our demands upon ourselves are so feeble, the call upon the great within of us so weak and intermittent that it makes no impression upon the creative energies; it lacks the force that transmutes desires into realities." - Orison Swett Marden




I am FRESH off of the heels of the excitement of Fashion's Night Out and I feel good! Forgive me if I overuse smiley and exclamation points today. I am in an AWESOME mood. S/o to the good folks at Neiman Marcus for the freebies and the models for their fabulous looks (many of which I plan to duplicate this fall). Ok thats not what you came here for. 

Moving on. 


Don't ever settle. I know people say that sh*t a lot but there is a reason the phrase has stuck around for so long. Don't ever settle. Don't ever think about settling. If there is something you want, go after it with all of your might so you can see to it that it becomes a reality. You don't want to be  the next Uncle Rico-past your prime telling everyone who will listen about what could have been if coach had put you in during the 4th quarter. Nobody wants to hear how you think you can throw a football over a mountain. 


We're family here right? Good! So I can be honest with ya'll for a minute. Come in a little closer, I don't want everyone in our family business. 

Today's word of the day is Reassess. Before you all go off trying to chase your pipe dreams, please understand that I am speaking to reasonable goals. If you have had the same goals since high school and you haven't made progress since you graduated in 2001, it might be time to reassess. Maybe you can make a scaled down version of your dreams come true. I want you all to push yourselves but I don't want you to set yourself up for disappointment. I don't want you all going off at fawty (40) years old trying to train for the olympics. I want you all to push yourselves to become more but I also want you to adjust your dreams accordingly. If you missed the bus to get drafted or to become the next big pop star...reassess. 

You only get one chance to play the game of life and I don't want any of you to look back on your life and feel regret. I hope all of you can look back on your life so far and see progress. Aim to become a better person than you were yesterday. Work to become a better daughter, son, sister, brother, cousin and friend. Open up your heart and release love into the atmosphere. 

Today's Song Choice: Luther Vandross-Never Too Much

Spread Love!

No comments:

Sharing IS Caring