Get Familiar with Talented Generation

Monday, February 28, 2011

Morning Inspiration

GREAT morning beautiful ladies and handsome gents! Happy Monday! If your Monday started anything like mine, you need a DOUBLE dose of inspiration and I am happy to give it to you. 
The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. -Albert Einstein
I am only one, But still I am one. I cannot do everything, But still I can do something; And because I cannot do everything I will not refuse to do the something that I can do.
       - Edward Everett Hale



Allow me to take your mind off of your work for a few moments. A few years ago, ABC did a special called "What would you do-racism in America" which used actors, props and hidden cameras to test how people would act in certain situations. The premise of the show focused on racism in America and served as evidence that America is still far from colorblind. You can watch a clip herehere and here. Viewers are encouraged to answer the question "What would you do?" Would you turn a blind eye or a deaf ear if someone else is in trouble? Would you be selfless and stop something bad from happening? 


Although I understood the premise, I interpreted many of the clips as examples of how so many people will stand idly by to watch others do wrong. While I am not condoning putting yourself in harm's way, I am challenging you to consider what you would do if placed in one of the situations similar to what ABC created for its series. This question does not only pertain to those types of situations, it also translates to natural disasters and community volunteer efforts. When there are calls for volunteers in your community do you answer? When there are food drives in your area do you participate? Do you participate in community service activities? How are you making a difference in your community? 


Today's song choice: Jagged Edge-Good Luck Charm




Spread Love!!! 



P.S. If there are any problems with the site or if I have any announcements, I will disseminate the information through Twitter. You can follow me at twitter.com/yourfavblogger or you can simply come to the blog site and look at the Twitter feed on your right. 

No comments:

Sharing IS Caring