Get Familiar with Talented Generation

Thursday, March 04, 2010

Tell us how you REALLY feel...

 Hello friends! Its time once again to share your unabashed opinion. Here is the background (I know I'm late, sue me. On second thought don't sue me, just leave a comment and tell us how you REALLY feel):
An Atlanta-area sports promoter has announced plans for—brace yourself—a whites-only pro basketball league. Dubbed the “All-American Basketball Alliance,” the league would only be open to “natural born United States citizens with both parents of Caucasian race.” The commissioner, former pro-wrestling promoter Don “Moose” Lewis, says the league will tip off in June, with teams in 12 Southern cities. Lewis insists he’s not racist; he just doesn’t like the “street-ball” that “people of color” play.

I've heard several people complain about black people and our rush to call every single comment yt people make about race into a racial slur. It reminds me ofracist people who seek to disprove claims of their outlandish racist antics by saying things like "I'm not racist, I have 5 black friends" OR  remember what Judge Bradwell said after he denied a marriage license to an interracial couple in Louisiana? Here's a quick reminder: “I’m not a racist. I just don’t believe in mixing the races that way,” Bardwell told the Associated Press. “I have piles and piles of black friends. They come to my home, I marry them, they use my bathroom. I treat them just like everyone else.”

Is the venture for the All American Basketball Alliance racist? OR is it just an honest effort to have something that yt poeple can finally have to themselves? Is it the same thing as BET, The Maury Povich Show, HBCUs and Minority scholarships which were originally created solely for the benefit of African Americans? Further, are we jumping the gun and simply being "trigger happy" by even wondering if what he said was racist? Do you even care?

Tell us how you REALLY feel about this proposed league.

REMEMBER you can remain ANONYMOUS

No comments:

Sharing IS Caring