Get Familiar with Talented Generation

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Tell us how you REALLY feel

Good Afternoon friends! How is your Thursday? Well mine is going well so far. I had many things to do today and somehow everything is falling into place. Well enough about me, lets get to the reason I am writing this post.


I'm not sure if you've heard about this but here is the background:

Howard Stern had some harsh words for Oscar nominee Gabourey Sibide in a show of just plain bad taste on his radio show Monday. He was offering his non-solicited two cents in response to Sidibe's Oscar nomination alongside star actresses like Meryl Streep as well as Oprah's accolades for her at the ceremony. "There's the most enormous, fat black chick I've ever seen. She is enormous. Everyone's pretending she's a part of show business and she's never going to be in another movie," he said. "She should have gotten the Best Actress award because she's never going to have another shot. What movie is she gonna be in?"

"Oprah's another liar, a filthy liar," said Stern. "She's telling an enormous woman the size of a planet that she's going to have a career."



As if enough people dont already hate him and his unkempt tresses insulting Oprah is a guaranteed way to gain enemies!


I'm just disgusted. I understand Howard is a shock jock and I actually liked his movie Private Parts but how long can he continue to hide his remarks behind the "this is just who I am" cop out? I call it like it is, a COP OUT. I am not a fan of Howard and I dont think I am in his demographic anyway but that does not leave me any less disgusted with his comments. We all know Hollywood is an image driven career but that does not give him the right to insult or discourage Gabourey from doing something she is passionate about and is darn good at. I will be glad when people stop focusing on Gabourey's weight and stop trying to convince her that she should be depressed because of the way she looks. If she is comfortable in her skin why do others see a problem with it?  Do you care?

Go ahead and tell us how you REALLY feel about Howard Stern dissing Gabourey Sidibe!

No comments:

Sharing IS Caring