Get Familiar with Talented Generation

Monday, August 08, 2011

PAUSE! I thought America was "POST RACIAL?!?"



Just in case you didn't read it right, that title? ALL SARCASM!


After reading the story about how 49 year old Mississippi resident James Craig Anderson was murdered, I had to take a few mental pauses and think about what REALLY went on. 


Are you wondering what had happened to Mr. Anderson? I'm glad you asked! In a recent Sunday morning just before dawn, two carloads of white teenagers drove to Jackson, Mississippi, on what the county district attorney says was a mission of hate: to find and hurt a black person.
PAUSE. White TEENAGERS? The ringleader was 18!! As far as I'm concerned, teenager is a technical term. Technical like "technically his age ends in 'teen' but officially, he's a grown a.ss man." They may not be able to legally drink yet but they made some grown a.ss decisions. These ADULTS didn't just steal a woman's purse off of the street, they took someone's LIFE. The Anderson family is mourning a loss right now because these people thought the best way to occupy their time was to go "n*gger hunting." Yep I just called it that. Whats going on in Mississippi?! They couldn't have played baseball or flip cup or went bowling? Seriously, that was their solution to boredom? I usually go with Angry Birds or Unblock Me when I'm bored but to each his/her own. 


In a parking lot on the western side of town they found their victim.


PAUSE. They drove to the other side of town in anticipation of finding a black person to harm? At no point did either of them stop and convince the others not to go through with it? Nobody thought anything was wrong with any of this?!


James Craig Anderson, a 49-year-old auto plant worker, was standing in a parking lot, near his car. The teens allegedly beat Anderson repeatedly, yelled racial epithets, including "White Power!" according to witnesses.


PAUSE. They committed a hate crime in the middle of a parking lot? No onlookers intervened? Where are the 911 tapes? 


Hinds County District Attorney Robert Shuler Smith says a group of the teens then climbed into their large Ford F250 green pickup truck, floored the gas, and drove the truck right over Anderson, killing him instantly.


PAUSE. So beating him was not enough? They wanted to make sure he didn't live to tell anyone about it? What were these kids thinking? Oh thats right, they weren't thinking! 


Mississippi officials say it was a racially motivated murder. What the gang of teens did not know was that a surveillance camera was focused on the parking lot that night, and many of the events, including the actual murder of Anderson, were captured live on videotape.



PAUSE. So let's recap: 
*James Craig Anderson, 49, was run over and killed on June 26
*White teens targeted Anderson because he was black
*The suspected ringleader, Deryl Dedmon, Jr., 18, has been charged with murder 
*There were girls in the truck with him when he ran over Mr. Anderson AFTER they savagely beat him
*Dedmon faces possible double life sentence for the murder



Racially motivated killings in 2011? Its no secret that racist people are indoctrinating their children with ignorant ideas and thoughts of hatred. It makes me sick to my stomach. AS if life isn't tough enough, people spend their time DAMAGING and TAINTING their innocent children with hate. These youngins beat an innocent and unsuspecting man and taunted him with racial slurs. They continuously beat Mr. Anderson and then left him for dead. They dehumanized him. Why did they do this? Did he poison their puppy? Did he harm a member of their family? Hell no. They did it because he was black. Don't bother looking for another reason or trying to wrap your head around this ignorance. I hope this moves people to STOP saying we live in a post racial society just because our President is black!! I do not think America will EVER be post-racial. Gone and judge me. Say I'm close minded. Say I don't have enough optimism. Tell me how I'm part of the problem for suspecting people of being racist. Explain to me how I should look for the good in people when they make a racial misstep instead of having "wait a minute, was that racist?" as my go-to question. Tell me how I'm misguided for thinking there are still some people who have never seen a black person perform anything other than domestic duties. Tell me there are no longer people who judge you based on the color of your skin. You can tell me all of those things and I will tell you that as long as a black man cannot drive alone in the back roads of the South without a fear of being murdered we don't live in such a society. You can tell me those things don't happen, but I KNOW they do. America has a lot of freedoms and we have made progress but being post-racial is NOT one of them. 


CLEARLY Mississippi hasn't gotten the memo that killing a man just because he's black" is not the way we do things anymore. Lock em up and bury the key in the center of the Earth! 

No comments:

Sharing IS Caring