Get Familiar with Talented Generation

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Morning Inspiration

GREAT morning my beauties and handsome peeps! I hope you're all enjoying your week thus far! Here is today's quote:
We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures.  ~Thornton Wilder
I have a quick anecdote to share with you all. Yesterday I was on the train and one of the women behind me LAID HANDS on my hair. My hair was neatly tucked into an, admittedly interesting, high bun. On hot days, its my usual 'do. I'm very protective of my personal space and it severely alters my mood when someone intentionally infiltrates my personal space with wanton disregard for how it might make me feel. Those of you who know me personally know how protective I am of my hair. For those of you who do not know me personally, know that I am very protective of my hair. Typically, I am not a germa-phobe but when it comes down to people around MY hair, I get shifty. Anyway, I said that to say this: After addressing the GROWN woman by telling her she should resist putting her hands on a stranger's hair, I exited the train station to see a terrible car accident. The driver appeared to have lost control of her vehicle after getting a flat tire and then crashing into a meter in the metro parking lot. Her entire front end was on the pavement as she consoled her shaken children and held back tears. I quickly whispered a prayer of thanks to God because a few seconds prior I was actually pretty upset.

Always be grateful for what you have. Pay attention to the signs around you that things could always be worse. Sometimes we are allowed to see certain things so that we can be reminded of how GREAT our lives are. Take the time, RIGHT NOW to appreciate who you are and what you have. If you haven't adopted this into your daily routine, the time is NOW to change that. Make time for what matters. Make time to give thanks. If you can show gratitude for what you already have, you will show the laws of attraction, God, etc., that you can handle and you deserve to be blessed with more.

Today's Song Choice: Verse Simmonds-Boo Thang

Spread Love!

No comments:

Sharing IS Caring