Get Familiar with Talented Generation

Monday, August 29, 2011

Morning Inspiration

Great Morning beautiful people! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. To those affected by Hurricane irene. My prayers are with you all. Here is today's quote:

"Be patient with yourself. Self-growth is tender; its holy ground. There's no greater investment." --Stephen Covey
One thing I have learned on my journey of self growth is that I have to be patient with myself. I am so used to always being the best at everything that it feels strange to have been thrown into the "training" pile again. Let me just put it out there about where I used to be: 
I HATED to make mistakes.
I hated to make mistakes in front of people even more. 
I hated not knowing how to do certain things.
I hated not feeling like I have earned my "keep" enough to have an influential say so. 
I hated starting over. 


I have had to learn NOT to be so hard on myself. Why? Because sleepless nights were starting to show up in photos in the form of bags under my eye. I had to learn to give myself time to grow and learn new procedures and ways of doing things. In the event that you find yourself in the same boat I'm in, remind yourself to be patient. You may be a fast learner but don't knock yourself if you're not the work wiz kid at the end of your first day. Continue to invest in your self growth and allow your mustard seed to grow. Give yourself time to make progress and allow yourself to make mistakes. Don't be afraid of new beginnings, embrace them. Embrace the opportunity to make mistakes. Continue to build up your reputation so that people know you are professional and serious. Don't ever allow yourself to get discouraged! Take time out each day to give yourself praise and focus on what you have accomplished thus far. Stay Strong! You can do whatever it is you set out to do! 

Today's Song Choice: Adele-Someone Like You <----because I LOVED her VMA performance!

Spread Love!

No comments:

Sharing IS Caring