Get Familiar with Talented Generation

Monday, August 15, 2011

Morning Inspiration

GREAT morning beautiful people! I hope all of you had a wonderful weekend. I know I sure did!
Don't underestimate the value of Doing Nothing, of just going along, listening to all the things you can't hear, and not bothering.” -Winnie the Pooh

Many of you who have been reading my blog since I started my blogging journey know about my struggle to relinquish control and enjoy taking time off. This past weekend I took a vacay to South Beach and realized how stressed I was living at home. I took time to clear my head and I realized just how much stress I was allowing to rest on my shoulders. To be honest, the biggest reason I was able to take a REAL break and actually relax was because I left my Mac charger and couldn't find my phone charger. I found myself in a beautiful hotel suite with my beautiful friends but I had a dead computer and a dead phone. Essentially, I had no choice but to put on a bikini and sit on the balcony to take in the beautiful sites. The photo above is actually one of the few photos I captured during my wonderful experience. Because of what I realized in the past few days, I am here today to challenge all of you to give yourself a BREAK. If you can afford it, take a day off and take a cruise to nowhere. Heck if you can afford it, take a few days off and go to the Caymen Islands. Sign up for airline price drop alerts and go to a random place where nobody knows your name. Do something you wouldn't normally do and allow yourself to really let  yourself go. I know its only Monday and Mondays are already tough to get thru but I promise you if you do this for yourself it will be a priceless experience. I know you may not care but Beyonce says she took a year off and it wasn't until she finally took time off that she realized how much she managed to accomplish in her career. We may be a few millions short of a Beyonce-type experience but we are still people who work hard and deserve a break. We spend so much time pushing ourselves to be great and I admire that about all of my colleagues but sometimes it is worth it to just drop everything and get away.

Take time to appreciate everything you have and everyone you have. Don't wait until it is about to be taken away from you before you appreciate it.

Today's Song Choice: Adele-Rolling in the Deep
Spread Love!

No comments:

Sharing IS Caring