Get Familiar with Talented Generation

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Morning Inspiration

GREAT morning beautiful people! A special shoutout to everyone on the East Coast who experienced their first real earthquake yesterday. Sh*t scared you didn't it? Don't deny it. One thing it did do was put things into perspective for me. With that said, here is today's quote:

If you want to test your memory, try to recall what you were worrying about one year ago today.  ~E. Joseph Cossman
A few weeks ago Facebook got the brilliant idea to show you the status you posted a year ago to the date. Most of my statuses were about school and whatnot so it helped me put things into perspective about what I post nowadays. Does it matter that last year I was making flash cards at this time? Does it matter that I posted how awesome my friends are? To me, those things are still relevant because they are part of what has shaped me into the woman I am today. From now on, I will keep that in mind when I decide to post something.

Now for today's message: Always do your best to keep the things that bother you into perspective. Is there anything you can do to change it? Will it matter next year? Will it matter tomorrow? If your answer to any of those questions is NO, my advice is for you to let it go. There is no need to walk around stressing about something you have ZERO control over. If there is anything you can do to mitigate the stress it is causing you, do that and then move on. 3/4 of the things you are stressing about won't matter a few weeks from now so don't allow it to steal your joy today.

Today's Song Choice: Ashford & Simpson-Solid as a Rock. RIP Nick Ashford. A legend who will love on thru his legendary contributions to the world of music.

Spread Love, Family

No comments:

Sharing IS Caring