Get Familiar with Talented Generation

Friday, February 26, 2010

Bare necessities: 4 things you need when you're stuck inside

I've officially come to the conclusion that mother nature & old man winter (who I'm convinced must look like the photo below) hate us. The wind has made walking an Olympic sport and the snow has rendered many on the East coast immobile.


In the spirit of seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, here are 4 things you need if you're snowed in:

1. Comfort food: Who wants to be stuck in the house AND eating bland granola? Unless you've given up junk food for Lent, I suggest you indulge in comfort foods. I think they help offset the onset of cabin fever. Trust me, I'm a blogger.

2. Heat: Just because you dont want your dwelling to be uncomfortably cold. If you're going to be inside, you might as well be comfy right? Enough said.

3. A good movie: One thing you will notice while trapped inside is that tv programming is mostly reruns & tomfoolery. I took me 3 hours to get tired of watching tv before I decided to pop in Season 2 of "In Living Color" (Don't judge me, Homie dont play that *giggles*).

4. A sense of humor: This is especially if you are stuck with someone else. You may or may not have had a moment where you thought you wanted to wrap your heads around said person’s neck. If you begin to have those thoughts, laugh it off. Let the annoying things roll off of your shoulder.


When you feel cabin fever setting in, take deep breaths and crack open a window.

I blame Punxsutawny Phil.

Did I miss anything? Are you stuck inside because of the weather? Share your thoughts...

No comments:

Sharing IS Caring