Get Familiar with Talented Generation

Monday, July 19, 2010

Music Monday: TV theme song edition #3

Since I had so much fun putting together the other Music Monday picks with theme songs I decided to do it again. This time, these are shows I loved to watch while getting dressed or winding down from school. 

Note: I've been dealing with Youtube issues since this post was published. Click the post title and the videos should play fine.

1. Hey Arnold
Say it with me: "Move it football head!"

2. Sailor Moon. Sailor Moon was a skinny crime fighting blonde with super powers and super long hair. She represented girl power and taught little girls about the true power behind believing in yourself. It also helped that she had superpowers.



3. Power Rangers. Before they were Dino, Zeo, Ninja and 20 different versions there were the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. Please don't pretend that you never claimed to be one of the power rangers. I was Pink. What color were you?


4. Scooby Doo. Did Scooby really ever solve any crimes? I dont think I cared, the show was still entertaining to watch. Is it me or when I got older did it seem like Shaggy was a real flower power, Mary Jane loving hippie?! He was no more than 100 pounds in wet jeans yet he ate like a man three times his size!

Peep the rest after the jump.



5. The Flintstones. They made living in the stone age look fun. I even had a Flintstone inspired red car that was powered by the pitter patter of my feet!

Wilmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! LOL

6. Doug. From Patti Mayonaise to Skeeter's unique greeting, no other cartoon can fill the void left by Doug.




7. Reading Rainbow. This show made books come alive. It inspired me to want to read and let my imagination take over. Anything that can do that for a "hyper" child is priceless.


8. Arthur.  Over a decade later and he's still in the same grade. I love him for teaching me how to spell aardvark with a song he wrote while preparing for his spelling be.


9. Where in time is Carmen Sandiego? Re-discovering this show made my day.I loved this show! I hated history but this show made me want to learn so much more about world history. My competitive nature took over and I studied encyclopedias because I wanted to win!


10. Bill Nye The Science Guy. He made science fun and interesting. He gets respect for that.



Share your music Monday pics. Dont be shy!

No comments:

Sharing IS Caring