Get Familiar with Talented Generation

Thursday, August 02, 2012

WATCH THIS: Raising Gabrielle Douglas

P&G put a unique spin on the Olympics as they went behind the scenes with their Raising An Olympian series paying tribute to moms of Olympic athletes. Recently released is the story about Gabrielle Douglas' mom. Fans of Gabby learn about the sacrifice the two ladies made on the road to Olympic Gold. We hear two sides of the story: Natalie Hawkins as a mom and Gabby Douglas as an athlete. Many may not know Gabby moved away from her family in Virginia to Des Moines, Iowa to train. Her mom opens up saying, "Letting go of Gabrielle was one of the hardest things I've ever done in my life." Gabby discusses being homesick and the physical sacrifices she made to see her dreams come true. The stories of sacrifice and perseverance is a side of the Olympics rarely spotlighted. Touching series indeed. Watch below. 

I'm an OG (in my head) but I almost shed a tear. I'm so proud of Gabby!!! Congrats again to her and her family! Salute! 

No comments:

Sharing IS Caring