Get Familiar with Talented Generation

Monday, May 17, 2010

Music Monday: Jingle Edition

I had so much fun putting together last Monday's post that I decided to highlight some of my favorite commercial jingles. The lyrics are catchy and the images made me want to run out and buy the product asap! Note: This does not mean that I actually liked the product. It means the commercial was good enough to make me say to myself "hmmm maybe I will give product X a try. The perfect jingle is every advertiser's dream. This one is for all of my business majors (past, present and future).

Also, this is to make up for missing YouTube's 5th birthday. In just 5 years, the service has changed the world & the way we share information. With over a billion views every day I cannot imagine what the internet was like without it. Here in the U.S., 134.4 million viewers watched more than 13 billion videos on YouTube in December 2009, according to the latest data from comScore Video Metrix. In the U.K., 18.5 million unique visitors watch 2.4 billion videos on YouTube a month.

Happy 5th birthday YouTube! 

1. Mentos.

The fresh maker! 

2. Pepsi. From their numerous "taste battles" with Coca Cola to their unique features of our favorite celebs, Pepsi's marketing team has managed to keep my interest. Although I love all of their celeb commercials for different reasons, I'll have to give my top honors to a little girl with dimples.  I genuinely enjoyed watching her commercials and I was sad (in a "I wonder what crap they are gonna throw at me now" kinda way) when her commercials stopped.



Just because I love MJJ:


Tied for second are the following Pepsi ads:
Click here for Beyonce, Pink & Britney's Pepsi Ad
Click here for Beyonce's Pepsi Ad
Click here for Beyonce & J.Lo's Pepsi Ad

More when you read the rest.


3. Chilis. Somehow Chili's read my mind as a teeniebopper and combined my favorite family get together food with my favorite boy band. I ordered tons of baby back ribs & sometimes the conversation went like this:

Server: Welcome to Chili's folks what can I get for you today?
Friend #1: I'll have the buffalo wings
Friend #2: I'll have the pasta
Me: *singing* I want my baby back, baby back baby back ribs
Server: o_O ok ma'am.



4. Gatorade.At the time this commercial aired,millions of people were singing "If I could be like Mike." I sure sang the tune a time or two hundred. It further illustrated how awe-inspiring Mike was as an athlete. Every now and then, I'll go back and watch him make shots like this. In my opinion, he is the king of flight school.



Another bonus! MJ vs. Mia Hamm for Gatorade.




5.Mcdonalds. Before Lebron James & Dwight Howard there was Michael Jordan and Larry Bird. While it is not really a jingle, the music in the background is great dancing music and watching 2 legends compete over the restaurant's signature item inspired me to at least try it once. 



What is your favorite jingle? I'm all ears...

No comments:

Sharing IS Caring