Get Familiar with Talented Generation

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Tell us how you REALLY feel...has King James' rep taken a hit?

On TNT’s post-game show, Charles Barkley had this to say:
“I’ve got to wonder about LeBron James’ mindset...Remember how he played in Game 3 – attack, attack, attack? This [should’ve been] an attack game. … I’m 100 percent disappointed, not by the fact he didn’t have a good game but because of his mentality. Tonight was the biggest game of the season, and I didn’t see the aggression I needed from an MVP at all.”

Let me start by saying I've been a huge Lebron fan (granted it started with a crush, I feel you judging me and I dont care) since he was drafted into the NBA in 2003 at age 18. I remember the press swirling around him calling him the $100 million man. My mom to bought me his shoes. I received his Cavs jersey for my birthday. I found myself watching more basketball because it was more interesting to me. Lebron was a fresh face (along with Melo & others, but this post isn't about them) and he was exciting to watch. You get the point. Analysts combed over his every play and I remember his first triple double like it was yesterday. It seemed like he would never escape the Jordan comparisons.



He dons the number 23.
He is faster than guards.
He outweighs centers.
He has scored 43 points while also putting up 12 rebounds and 11 assists.

Granted, I've always felt like Lebron's supporting cast has held him back. For the record, this is the reason I do not entertain comparisons between Lebron &Kobe. As bad as Game 5 was with the Cavs losing 120-88 on their home floor, I think James can still salvage this season by doing what he does best - drive to the hole with reckless abandonment and dictate the game. Although he has been compared to many of the NBA greats like Jordan and Bird, I think the comparisons fail to admit King James still has a lot to learn.

I can see his frustration but I cannot hide my disappointment in his performance during game 5.

The kid wants a ring. I wonder if he will get one playing with the Cavs? Should he stay or should he go? I think about the lessons I've learned about sticking through adversity to see better days. I think about  my favorite player of all time Mike Jordan who played for the Bulls from 85-98 and although he had some tough times, he stuck it out.

There is no doubt in my mind, James will still get a great contract & his career is still at a high considering all of his accomplishments and his potential. With everyone taking a shot a King James, I'm starting to wonder if his performance in the finals has damaged his reputation as the King.

Its your turn to share your thoughts. Has King James stumbled from his throne? OR Is this just another severe case of the sports analyst blues? Tell us how you REALLY feel. Inquiring minds want to know.


Note: I cannot continue to hold back. I let this post sit in my draft folder because I am in no way a sports analyst nor do I claim to be an expert on sports. That doesnt stop me from having an opinion. I welcome yours.

No comments:

Sharing IS Caring