Get Familiar with Talented Generation

Monday, May 31, 2010

Out the door...inspirational quotes to start your day

Happy Monday! Happy Memorial day! Happy last day of May! Can you feel my excitement? I finally got to see SATC 2 and I got Carrie'd away. The ladies inspired me to take my upcoming vacay a little more serious & allow myself to escape for a few days. Ok enough about my love for Carrie, Samantha, Miranda & Charlotte its time to get down to business.

In light of the holiday, I've decided to do away with the traditional OTD (get it? Out the Door?) quote and go with something a little more outside of the box. I'll let Ray Charles tell you (yes, I know the song is normally performed for Independence Day), take a listen below:





 A memorial day tribute after the jump.




“A hero is someone who has given his or her life to something bigger than oneself.” -Joseph Campbell
I chose this photo because I think it is an image we do not see often enough. We do not hear enough stories about soldiers who have fought and died for the freedoms we enjoy. Although I am not recommending a daily sacrifice of your time (I do so because I have family & friends serving our country), I think it is appropriate to at least acknowledge them on more than one day out of the year.

Nevermind how you feel about the wars they fight. Nevermind whether you think their jobs are justified. Understand that the people fighting are mothers, fathers, sons, daughters, husbands, wives, cousins, sisters, brothers and friends.






This post is dedicated to all veterans and their families-past, present & future. From the bottom of my heart, I thank you.



Sidenote: If you know anyone serving please take time to send letters, photos and anything else that will help them think of home. Trust me, it helps.

Before you hit the ground running, a moment of silence for all of those people who didn't make it back.

No comments:

Sharing IS Caring