Get Familiar with Talented Generation

Friday, June 18, 2010

Music Break: An ode to fathers

Its Day 18 of African American Music Month and what better way to end the week than to pay tribute to our fathers!!!

Luther Vandross "Dance with my father again"



James Brown "Papas Got a brand new bag"


More after the jump.

Although I believe we should honor our parents everyday I think the occassion is still a special one. I dedicate this post to my biological father. He is one of the greatest men I have ever met. I know sometimes I'm not the best daughter and I can be a brat but through it all he shows me unconditional love. He's been there for me since the very beginning and he still stands by me today. No matter how big or impossible others said my dreams and goals were, my father was right there to encourage me to make it happen. He instilled in me a love for food and traveling at a very young age and although I'm beyond the age of majority he still gives me the best high 5s a "daddy's girl" could ask for!

I must also thank the different father figures in my life: Mr. Brinkley, Mr. Wilson, My older brother Jr, and my mentors from USF Mr. Doone, Mr. Kissi and Mr. Morgan. I'm a lucky girl as I have been blessed with many father figures who were more than willing to take me under their wing.

For everything you have done, and for everything you will do I shout a big THANK YOU!! I'm not sure if I will ever be able to repay you, but I will do my best to make your efforts worth it.


Share your memories of your fathers and father figures. Dont be shy!

Sidenote: Even if your father was not present in your life, you were shaped by his absence. You have grown into the person you are today without him. Do not hold a grudge against him for that. Forgive him and you will in turn purify your heart.

Peace and love to you all!

No comments:

Sharing IS Caring