Get Familiar with Talented Generation

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Music Break: Poison

Its day 15 of African American Music Appreciation Month. If I had to choose one song that ALWAYS makes me wanna dance no matter where I am, *this* is that tune. If I'm out and not having a good time, I request the DJ to play this and it makes all the difference. If anyone ever asks you my favorite song of all time (that is not on the Lion King soundtrack, dont judge me) you should happily answer "Poison by Bel Biv Divoe." I didnt appreciate this music back in the 90s but now that I'm older *cough cough* I appreciate it.





Fast facts:
"Poison" was named #60 on VH1's 100 Greatest Songs of the 90's.
"Poison" is a 1989 single by the New Edition spinoff group, Bell Biv DeVoe.
On the Billboard Hot 100 singles chart, "Poison" rose from number fifty-two to number thirty-eight in the week of April 14, 1990, and eventually peaked at number three for four consecutive weeks, beginning on June 9, 1990.
"Poison" was certified platinum by the RIAA on June 1, 1990 for sales of over one million copies.
Never trust a big butt and a smile!

No comments:

Sharing IS Caring