Get Familiar with Talented Generation

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Music Break

Day 17 of African American Music Appreciation Month and its all about Motown!



If you are looking for the start of the boy band craze,do not start with Nsync or Backstreet Boys. It began before they were referred to as "Boy Bands." It began with the amazing harmony that was Motown's artists. This post is dedicated to all of Motown's artists that contributed to changing the face of the music industry. We start with The Temptations!

Fast Facts:

My Girl" is a 1964 song recorded by The Temptations for the Gordy (Motown) label which became a number one hit in 1965.
The song became the Temptations' first U.S. number-one single, and is today their signature song.
The single was also the first number-one hit on the reinstated Billboard R&B Singles chart, which had gone on a fifteen-month hiatus from 1963 to 1965.
The success of this single launched a series of David Ruffin-led hits, including "It's Growing" (1965), "Since I Lost My Baby" (1965), "My Baby" (1965), "Ain't Too Proud to Beg" (1966), "Beauty Is Only Skin Deep" (1966), "(I Know) I'm Losing You" (1966), "All I Need" (1967), "(Loneliness Made Me Realize) It's You That I Need" (1967), "I Wish It Would Rain" (1967), and "I Could Never Love Another (After Loving You)" (1968).

Speaking of David Ruffin, click here to check out one of my favorite scenes from "The Temptations" movie.

"There's only one David Ruffin! Without him, the Temps aint nothing but a group in search of a David Ruffin!"

Enjoy!

No comments:

Sharing IS Caring