Get Familiar with Talented Generation

Thursday, June 03, 2010

R.I.P. Rue Mclanahan

In sad news of the day, Golden Girls star Rue McClanahan has joined the ancestors at a Golden Palace in the sky. McClanahan played the role of lusty Southerner Blanche Devereaux to from 1985 to 1992, winning an Emmy for the role in 1987.
She was my favorite of all the Golden Girls and I often referred to her as the original "Samantha" see generally, Sex and the City. It is a sad day for all Golden fans. Rue- I wanna thank you for being a friend. Beatrice "Dorothy" Arthur and Estelle "Sophia" Getty  predeceased her.




Devereaux was just one of the Mclanahan’s many memorable roles. She was a veteran of Broadway appearing most recently in Wicked, she also costarred with Arthur in Maude from 1972 to 1978.

On behalf of everyone on these innanets, Rue Mclanahan THANK YOU for being a friend!

If you feel so compelled, share your favorite McClanahan moments in her honor. I'm sure she will be missed. My prayers and condolences to her family, friends and fans.

No comments:

Sharing IS Caring