Get Familiar with Talented Generation

Thursday, June 09, 2011

Paul Revere's Famous Ride

Caveat: Before you read this post, understand that I have my own opinions about Sarah Palin. I understand she is not popular with everyone and neither is any other politician. I MUST warn you about my feelings towards her. I think she is cute and the SNL skits about her were hilarious. I also think one of the only things she is great at in terms of being a public figure is stringing unrelated insignificant words together to speak without actually saying anything.


When I heard about Sarah Palin's "bus tour," I thought she would take the opportunity to prove naysayers wrong. Surely she went over her planned speeches at each stop. Surely she reviewed her American History because she took it upon herself to educate America about our history. Surely.  I admit I was a bit skeptical and I took it upon myself to change the news channel each time anything that rhymes with Parah Salin was uttered by newscasters. All of that changed when I saw her speak about Paul Revere's famous ride.  


Everything was fine and dandy (if thats what you want to call it) in the land of Palin until she visited Boston to raise awareness of Paul Revere's famous ride.  People allowed her to continue on her "bus tour" and many vowed not to cover the story until her stop in Boston. Only Steven Colbert could do this story justice. In short, Colbert proves that Paul Revere could have ridden a horse while ringing a bell and firing multiple warning shots from a front-loading musket.




Oh Sarah...I bet your history teach is just soooo proud.

No comments:

Sharing IS Caring