Get Familiar with Talented Generation

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Anticlimactic News: Weiner Steps Down After Twitter Scandal

Rep. Anthony Weiner tendered his resignation from Congress after an intensive three-week period that began when he sent an inappropriate picture via Twitter to a 21 year-old college student in Washington State. His words were brief and predictable to say the least.

“Today I am announcing my resignation from Congress, so my colleagues can get back to work, my neighbors can choose a new representatives and most importantly that my wife and I can continue to deal with the damage I have caused,” a seemingly contrite Weiner said.

“I want to thank my colleagues, both Democrats and Republicans alike – they are all patriots,” said Weiner.

Two minutes into his remarks, a heckler demanding he answer questions, interrupted Weiner, who continued with his brief statement. Weiner did not take any questions from reporters.


Womp. Who else knew this was coming?

This is awesome in so many ways! NOW his colleagues can get back to addressing our deficit, figuring out ways to improve our economy and helping college grads  find gainful employment! Weiner saves the day! *sarcasm*


Source.

No comments:

Sharing IS Caring