Get Familiar with Talented Generation

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Introducing The Ph.D Movie!!

Looking at the clip below, I was reminded of the days when I used to sit around with my friends and brainstorm a way to allow "other people"[1] to see what we went through at our professional school. There was drama with missing books, brown-nosing colleagues, suspicions that the "blind grading" system was NOT so blind and overall happenings we thought would be interesting to broadcast.

Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it), since my friends are future lawyers we ended up choosing to have a legal career over becoming television stars. Although I am glad we never pitched our reality tv show, its nice to see that someone is shining a spotlight on what grad students go through. The PhD movie is based on the comic Piled Higher and Deeper which takes a look at life, or lack thereof in grad school. Take a look at the trailer below.


PHD Movie Trailer from PHD Comics on Vimeo.


The movie will be coming to campuses starting this Fall! You can learn more about the movie here and check out the comic strip here. To those still in the trenches, hold on! Before long you will have the right to request for people to call you Doctor! You can do it!


[1] Caveat (I have been doing a lot of these lately *shrug*) Before you get offended, by my use of the term "other people," understand that my use of the term is not meant to be derogatory.  By "other people" I mean people who chose not to pursue a graduate degree. While it is true that obtaining an undergraduate degree is a noteworthy feat, graduate students suffer in ways that you may not believe unless you saw it. We go through a lot of hassle for our graduate tassels! 

No comments:

Sharing IS Caring