Get Familiar with Talented Generation

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Dirk steps up, Dallas Mavs are 2011 NBA Champs

If you told me I would be writing this post merely 4 hours after I headlined an epic trash talking session where I did everything but bet my entire bank account for "Heat in 7" I would have thought you were on drugs. If you follow me on Twitter @yourfavblogger, you know how emotionally invested I was in this game. I digress...


They were the team everyone thought was too old to get a championship with their top three players over30: Jason Kidd at 38; Nowitzki at 32; and Terry at 33. In what is arguably the biggest and most shocking upset (at least the ones I have ever seen), Dirk Nowitski, Jason Terry, Jason Kidd and the rest of the Dallas Mavericks can now call themselves the 2011 NBA Champs. 


One thing you cannot take from the Mavs is that they played with the HEART and SOUL of CHAMPIONS. There was no question about their dedication. They DESERVE their rings.


Cleveland Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert congratulated Mark Cuban and the Mavs on his Twitter page: 
Congrats to Mark C.&entire Mavs org. Mavs NEVER stopped & now entire franchise gets rings. Old Lesson for all:There are NO SHORTCUTS. NONE."
By the way, Nowitzki and Jason Kidd became the sixth players in NBA history to win their first championship after making at least 10 All-Star appearances. The others are Jerry West, Kevin Garnett, Oscar Robertson and Elvin Hayes. Of course, Dirk was awarded the MVP trophy. 



Congrats to the city of Dallas and the Dallas Mavericks!


I know Terry is happy he doesn't have to have that tattoo removed. 


P.S. As a Mike Jordan fan, I humbly request 2 things: (1) Please stop comparing him and Lebron James-I'm lookin at you Scottie; (2) Please stop buying into the hype and allow Lebron's talent to speak for itself. Tis all. 

No comments:

Sharing IS Caring