Get Familiar with Talented Generation

Monday, June 06, 2011

Morning Inspiration


Good morning beautiful people! Happy Monday!
“Through humor, you can soften some of the worst blows that life delivers. And once you find laughter, no matter how painful your situation might be, you can survive it." - Bill Cosby


When was the last time you laughed at yourself? On a scale of 1-10 how would you rate your ability to laugh at your slip-ups? Here's a hint: if you haven't laughed at yourself in the last week, you are a 5 or below. In situations of adversity, take a step back and find a light at the end of the tunnel. When you have escaped the storm, reflect on your actions to find a good chuckle then move on. Confession: At my first legal internship, I did an entire work assignment wrong because I read too much into the instructions. My supervisor was out for the week so he left me written instructions. I had not spent much time with him and my previous assignments were cut & dry. Somehow I convinced myself that his instructions were too simple to be true and that I was supposed to find some hidden meaning in them. YES I was paranoid. I allowed the horror stories of internship supervisors to get to my head.  After thinking about how hard I worked to brainstorm what the assignment could be and then staying up late to complete the assignment, I closed my office door and had a good chuckle at myself. I spent an entire week taking myself too seriously. Initially, I was terrified when he told me I was off but once I found humor in the situation I got back to work and produced an even better product. If I had taken his instructions at face value instead of trying to be a "super intern," I would have completed it correctly the first time. I digress...

Caveat: There is a fine line between on't go around laughing out loud at yourself, people will think you're crazy BUT a good little quick chuckle is healthy. 

Spread Love!! 

Today's Song Choice: Fantasia-Bitter Sweet

P.S. If you ever have the pleasure of waking up prior to your alarm, it means your body is rested and you should wake up. If you go back to sleep and wait for your alarm you will wake up feeling tired. 

No comments:

Sharing IS Caring