Get Familiar with Talented Generation

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Whoopi Goldberg Puts Fox Biz News Reporter Eric Bolling in His Place

Source: The Huffington Post


Whoopi Goldberg put Fox Business host Eric Bolling in his place for his comments about President Obama.
Bolling got into hot water for criticizing a visit by an African leader to the White House by saying, "what's with all the hoods in the hizzouse?" He apologized for his comments on Monday night saying "On Friday, we did a story about the president meeting with the president of Gabon," Bolling said. "We got a little fast and loose with the language, and we know it's been interpreted as being disrespectful, and for that, I'm sorry. We did go a bit too far." That didn't stop Goldberg from laying into him on Tuesday's "The View."






Full Disclosure: I love Whoopi but I'm not a fan of the view. I am also slightly offended by Bolling's comment simply because I KNOW if there was another Bush, Kennedy or Clinton in the White House he would not have said it. I am only slightly offended because although the comment was culturally insensitive and STUPID, I don't take anyone at Fox seriously. They don't take reporting accurately seriously so I don't waste my time with watching. To me, Fox is like the weird kid in class who says offensive things but nobody likes him anyway so his comments are always dismissed as failed attempts to seem interesting or attract friends. Womp. Whoopi's right, not ALL of us speak like that. As a matter of fact, its offensive to assume we do since there are probably 5 black people (one is Snoop Dogg, another is E-40) who STILL switch words like house for hizzy or hizzouse. Besides, that was sooooo 5 years ago! If you're going to insult the way we speak, at least be UP on the times and latest slang.  Bolling's comments were out of line, but I think he made an ass of himself by using outdated slang.  Shows how in touch he is with his African American viewers. I bet he thinks all of us dress like this and act like this>>>
GIFSoup



Le sigh.  I hope this Samuel Jackson side eye disturbs his spirit. 

No comments:

Sharing IS Caring