Get Familiar with Talented Generation

Friday, June 17, 2011

Morning Inspiration

Good Morning folks! If Twitter is any indication of how people feel today, some of you woke up on the WRONG side of the bed today. I hope today's inspirational quote can help change your mood:




The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity. The fears are paper tigers. You can do anything you decide to do. You can act to change and control your life; and the procedure , the process is its own reward.” -Amelia Earhart 
Don't ever allow the actions of someone else to impact you to the point where they are in control of how you behave. How do we allow this happen? We consider what OTHERS will think about our decision more than we do about the impact it will have on our own lives. We have to stop this madness! Make decisions for YOU without regard for what others are doing. Date who you want to date. Live where you want to live. Drive the car you want to drive. Wear the clothes that make you happy. Anecdote: A few weeks ago,  I was driving with my mother as my passenger when the car behind me began to speed up. The car beside me maintained its speed so I responded by increasing my speed because I feared a rear-end collision if I maintained my current speed. My mother noticed that the speedometer was going further and further to the right and asked why I was going so fast. I responded, "The car behind me is going faster and I don't want them to rearend me." She asked, "If you get pulled over for speeding who do you think is going to get the ticket? YOU or the person driving the car behind you?" I gradually reduced my speed and the person behind me signaled to pass me on the left. The concept was so simple and it has stayed with me for years.

Every-time I hold myself back from doing something because of how I think other people will react I ask myself who is going to live with regret? Ask yourself, WHO are you making decisions for? YOURSELF or the people you know are going to judge you? Is your fear of how you will be judged affecting the way you live? Who is going to live with the decision? Who is going to miss out? Who is going to live with the guilt of missing out?

I should admit I experienced great satisfaction when I saw the car pulled over a few miles down the road.

Do something great today!!

Today's Song Choice: Adele-Someone like You (LIVE)

No comments:

Sharing IS Caring